→ 01 Jul 12 at 8 pm
Models Own Ibiza Mix and Disco Heaven over Hedonist
Quick swatch of some of my new Models Own polishes. My point and shoot camera has finally given up the ghost so had to take this with an Iphone hence the dodgy focus and slight lighting issues.
Hedonist (the base colour) is a bright neon red with a hint of coral, it looks like it leans more towards the coral here but trust me it’s very definitely at the red end of the spectrum. It’s a true neon so it dries matte but obviously the glitter top coats meant that was lost, although I did add a coat of Essie Matte about You to try and show the colours of the glitter off better. Coverage is pretty good, this was two coats and I didn’t really have any issues with streaks but it has the typical neon application which can be a bit thick in places.
Ibiza Mix is the large multi coloured glitter you can see, it’s a blend of small turquoise, pink, copper and gold glitter and larger hexagonal glitter in the same colours with a bit of extra teal-green thrown in for good luck. Application on this was fine as a one coat top layer as shown here but you may need to move some of the glitter around to get the effect you want.
Disco Heaven is a fine gold glitter with a scattering of opalescent blue glitter. It’s actually really pretty and gives good scattered coverage on the nail with one coat.
Dupes? - I don’t have anything for these (which was why I felt ok splashing out!) but I’m pretty sure Hedonist has a match out there. There are some posts out there querying whether Ibiza Mix is a dupe for OPI Rainbow Connection. I have both and to my mind it’s really not. The effect in terms of sizes and shapes of glitter is very similar but the colour bases are different, I promise you. Rainbow Connection is the colourful, silver based sister with bright green, orange, yellow and cerise versus Ibiza Mix which is the pastel, gold based sister with the more subtle tones. I also think Ibiza Mix may have a very, very slight grey toned base but it makes zero difference on the nail. If I had to pick I think Ibiza Mix wins for me. The only thing I have that’s even in the same ball park as Disco Heaven is the limited edition Chanel Illusion D’Or. The Chanel is much, much subtler (and prettier in my opinion) but DH is a possible substitute if you have a lemming that just won’t go away. I’ll do some side by side comparisons to show the differences when I get a new camera I promise.
All of these are part of the Models Own Hed Kandi collection that’s available now on their website and in stores now.
- kyelsweirdandsheknowsit likes this
- badibee reblogged this from fuckyesnailpolish
- amber-cain123 reblogged this from theboxesunderthebed
- brionyjadee likes this
- goask-alice-inwonderland reblogged this from theboxesunderthebed
- ampersand-interrobang likes this
- monsternails reblogged this from fuckyesnailpolish
- dopendbeauty reblogged this from home-qurl
- danyvianna likes this
- angelaahx3 likes this
- makeupmergency reblogged this from fuckyesnailpolish
- velociraptortothestars reblogged this from fuckyesnailpolish
- siouxsieramone likes this
- fuckyesnailpolish reblogged this from theboxesunderthebed
- robotwithumanhair likes this
- home-qurl reblogged this from theboxesunderthebed
- whosthatgirl89 likes this
- awkward-for-always reblogged this from theboxesunderthebed
- laliqueheart reblogged this from theboxesunderthebed
- dariap8 reblogged this from theboxesunderthebed
- theboxesunderthebed posted this